The greatest motivation we could ever find for being passionately committed to the Church is that Jesus is passionately committed to the Church. Can there be any question that part of being like Jesus is to love what He loves and serve as he served.
We at Hillside are committed to serving this church and our community through our individual Spiritual Gifts.
We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us.
If your gift is prophesying then prophesy in accordance with your faith;
if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach;
if it is to encourage, then give encouragement;
if it is giving, then give generously;
if it is to lead, do it diligently;
if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully. -- Romans 12:6-8
We understand that God provides unique gifts to each of us through his Holy Spirit, however many of us are unsure what our gifts are. By taking the Spiritual Gifts test, yours will be highlighted and made more apparent. This is the beginning of finding joy in serving at church and beyond.
HOW TO USE THESE TOOLS
- Select to take the appropriate Spiritual Gifts Test (Adult or Youth)
- Answer the questions honestly as to where you are right now in your faith walk, not where you want to be.
- When you finish, you will see your results and find your top three Spiritual Gifts God has blessed you with. You might be surprised. Be sure to read through the interpretation of each of your gifts.
- Select and review different ways you can serve at Hillside based on your gifts, by looking at the Hillside Spiritual Gifts Servant Profile. If you still are not sure, feel free to email or contact the Director of Mission & Servant Ministries.
- Take Action by signing up in the area you feel best suited to serve. You will be contacted by a leader of the selected ministry to understand where you, based on your faith walk and your gifts, can begin to serve with Joy and Love.