WISH LIST Stars Left to Adopt: 70
Christmas Angel Ministry
Christmas Angels allows us to bless children and their families with gifts and food. Each child, who is carefully selected by local school counselors and DFACS will receive gifts and an age appropriate devotion. The family will also receive a generous bag of food.
Throughout the month of November, servants are welcome to choose which child or children they would like to bless and go out and purchase gifts. These gifts are dropped at the warehouse, carefully labeled and delivered to the home of the children on delivery day.
There are also opportunities to provide financial gifts for Murphy Harpst or Goshen Valley Boys Ranch. See below for more information regarding these faith based organizations.
Tell Me More
* Adoption Dates
- November 5, 2017 - November 26.
- Stars available on Sundays in Children's Sunday School Check In Hallway,
Celebration Hall Lobby & Fellowship Hall.
- Stars available in the church office Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
* Warehouse Drop Off Dates (Hillside UMC Fellowship Hall)
Be sure to check your paperwork for specified dates to drop off your gifts.
- November 26 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- November 27 from 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- December 2 from 8:00 am - noon
- December 3 from 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
* DFACS Delivery Date
- November 29
* All Other Stars Delivery Date
- Sunday, December 10, 2017
DONATIONS ARE APPRECIATED
* Gift wrap & Tape
* School supplies, loose leaf paper, pencils, 3 prong/pocket folders
HOW TO SERVE
* Adoptions can be done before and after every worship service on Sunday.
* You can also pick up an adoption star in the church office.
* Work the adoption table on Sunday. Click Here to sign up to serve.
LARGE GIFT NEEDS
The team has identified some large items on a few wish lists that we are seeking to fill. If you are able to provide any of the following items, please email Christmas Angels.
- 2 computers
10 8 laptops
2 toddler beds (with new mattress)
2 1 twin bed with new mattresses
- Trampoline (can be used, in good condition)
About Murphy Harpst
Murphy Harpst is a children's home for the most severely abused children in Georgia. Your donation will help pay for their much needed healing therapy which is the first step in a journey they will go through to be able to experience a normal life. Your gift of love will help change the life of a child. // more info
About Goshen Valley
Goshen Valley Boys Ranch
is a ranch for teens who receive a family-based model of care. This care is a positive, loving alternative to foster care. Your donation allows the children to experience Summer Academy which includes everything from tutoring to field trips to service opportunities during school holidays. Goshen Valley Summer Academy is a daily intensive program where young men can play sports, work, grow spiritually, catch up or get ahead in school or just enjoy some fun time off. // more info